Fixing the situation at ABC Island

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Fixing the situation at ABC Island

Post  Admin on Mon May 05, 2008 3:45 pm

There's no secret that the Island is in strife, possibly enough to shut it down, and for that to happen would be quite a loss.

I've always said that there's no reason a media company should fail in Secondlife.

But the ABC needs to loosen up if they're going to stay put.

I felt that the ABC should be showing themselves off in SL, especially to overseas guests who came to see us, and often stayed.
I wanted to push things like Dr Karls Podcasts, which I'm sure many people overseas would enjoy as much as we do.

Triple J seemed to be with us, I was given the logo to put onto shirts, banners and whatever we could do.

So perhaps, if we can't obtain permission to do something for other ABC programming, we should concentrate our efforts on
The J's?

Does that sound logical?

Wolfie!
Admin
Admin

View user profile http://posse.bigforumpro.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Fixing the situation at ABC Island

Post  Rails Bailey on Thu May 15, 2008 1:38 pm

Like any sim in second life, it has to be rejuvenated from time to time. the ABC is no different.

Every SL business owner knows you dont set up shop then walk away forever, to maintain freshness you need to rotate stock, redecorate from time to time.

Simple things, to keep the interest there.

Builds from a previous build competition are still there gathering SL dust and prim rot.

Laneways has had its period of glory.

The egg hunt I set out, is still there, old hat.

You would be suprised what a new coat of paint can do.

The ABC can survive, all it takes is a lot of dedication, and stepping up to the plate as required.

Whilst I left ABC admin becasue my SL path changed considerably, it was and never is far from my SL thoughts, to the extent where I recommed it as a safe sandbox in SL, and that safety is due to its committed admins.

I am back in the admin fold, and I do drop by as my time permits.

It is sad to see such a remarkable build slipping into the waste prim land of SL.

I have left ABC admin once, the next time I leave it will be because the ABC failed to see that it has huge potential, a showcase for Australia and Australian's,

I hope and pray that never happens, it would be sad to tp to a place that is no longer there.
Rails Bailey

View user profile http://doctorgascoigne.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Thu May 15, 2008 1:57 pm

Yes it would be sad to think ABC might pull out, but I need ABC to throw me a bone.
I've been "elbowing" Lise... you know, a bit of "C'mon maaate.

I really hope the Ladies can pull a rabbit out a hat, and I think they can.

We need a leader, we need someone there who can help us get stuff done...
otherwise it's just all talk and that isn't getting us far enough.

And I mean, as far as Scribblygum goes, I would like permission to use the logo
to create a set... now that's not a lot... after that it's really up to me to find
a host who can talk for half an hour on nature, and to build the set.

I *can* do that.

The Posse need to come good with ideas too, I want to hear thoughts about
programming and content, c'mon c'mon, c'mon!

Wolfie!
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Rails Bailey on Fri May 16, 2008 8:18 am

I was laying in bed last night, thinking, I do my best thinking there, since sleep seems to take second place.

Anyway, the thought that sprang to mind was "Famous Australians".

We have our fair share of famous people, but how many of the world's nations know them ?

The concept is pretty simple to create and build.

Rezz a prim, slap a photo of a famous Australian on it, write a notecard, place the notecard in the prim, include a script to give out the notecard.

Select an area for the exhibit, and yes I will put my hand up to do it.

Then, I had another idea, we are on a roll here.

Give Australian names to the various areas of the island.

Well that is my contribution for today, will notecard it, or u can wuff, maybe u can pass it on to the ABC management.
Rails Bailey

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Fri May 16, 2008 8:24 am

I do my best thinking in the loo or the shower, sometimes I forget stuff when I leave... which is rather unproductive.
annoyingly I have ideas in bed, just as I'm shutting my eyes... I tell myself I'll remember it in the morning.
That's a lie and I know it... gets up, scratches his arse and stumbles around in the dark looking for that bit of paper
to write on, and a pen... that works.

Your Idea sounds fine, give it a shot Smile

Wolfie!
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Rails Bailey on Thu May 22, 2008 3:09 pm

Have started the process and submitted a request to Abi, now the ball is in the ABC's court, if it doesnt get off the ground, it wont be for the want of trying. Sleep

My playground is the SL grid - so have patience
Rails Bailey

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Thu May 22, 2008 3:39 pm

I'm pleased to say there's still support for ABC Island from the SL community, people ask me about the Island quite often.
I think the general feeling is that most Aussies would like ABC Island to be there, but want it to be "active" if that's the
right word?

Angsty suggested holding lessons there, and that's worked in the past, it'd do well now.
I'd like her to get onto it ASAP... However we still need word from Lise and Abi before we can do much.

A party would be a good idea too, just to get some dots on the map.
I'd dearly love to get Jaggpro or Komuso performing on the island, but sadly, the restrictions are getting in the way.

I'm not sure why, but promotion of the Island is negligible... Even on a recent episode of Collectors, a fellow who
collected action figures, had created an avatar based on his favourite one... they showed a few stills of it.

And yet.... Nobody said "Oh, By the way, the ABC has an Island on Secondlife".

Even the producer of "Good Game", a show about new videogames, didn't seem to know about ABC Island
till I mentioned it.

Wolfie!
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top